The data controller responsible for this website is the Secretary to the Fowey Harbour Heritage Society.
Information we collect
We collect information about you such as your name and email address when you submit an enquiry using our Enquiry form and we use this information to deal with your enquiry.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information automatically such as:
1. Your IP address
2. How you found our website
3. The number of times you visited our website
4. The pages that you visit
Data collected automatically when you access our website is used to help us improve our website and ensure that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
We will retain the information that you provide to us for as long as it is needed and for the purposes for which it was originally intended. Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data. In some cases, we will need to retain your details to meet legal requirements. When we do not require your information any more, it will be disposed of securely.
You have the right to request:
- information about how your personal data is processed
- a copy of that personal data
- that anything inaccurate in your personal data is corrected immediately
You can also:
- raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- request that your personal data is erased if there is no longer a justification for it
- ask that the processing of your personal data is restricted in certain circumstances
If you have any of these requests, get in contact with us.
You may also lodge a complaint with a supervising authority in the Member State where you habitually reside or work or where a breach has taken place. Details for the Office of the Information Commissioner in the UK are available at https://ico.org.uk
Changes to this policy
Last updated 13 March 2020